Wednesday 30 May 2012

Church politics and the Banner Group

Two tricky meetings and a whole load of politics later life is much more tranquil and simpler, though at the cost of some lost popularity. Gosh - was that me standing up for myself?
Back to loving my job - which I have to say is a normal state of affairs. Baptismal service (believer's baptism involving a lot of water) and a real wow factor.
Since then the careful tiptoeing through church political minefields and managing to make all the relevant points.
Now planning for a cafe church event once a month, a jubilee lunch with loads of people coming to join in, and preaching at a parish church for the Jubilee on Sunday.
And today - my day off - I spent a wonderful hour with the banner group ladies who are so lovely helping them to decide where the Jubilee banner they have just made should go. Sounds completely inane but I love that sort of stuff, if only because they appreciate you.
Promises to be an interesting remainder of the week as people react to one or two decisions I've made. May not be sleeping so well again this time next week - perhaps another 4 a.m. post!

No comments:

Post a Comment